About BLiNQ Media
BLiNQ Media, part of Gannett G/O Digital, is a leading social media technology innovator offering optimization and analytical tools for advertisers. BLiNQ Media solutions drive reach and brand engagement and deliver conversions, quickly scaling measurable results. Powered by a robust proprietary platform, BLiNQ Media services dynamically automate complex campaign planning, execution, management, optimization and audience insights. Since 2008, BLiNQ Media has managed campaigns for more than 600 of the world's largest advertisers.
BLiNQ is proud to have won the 2013 Facebook PMD Innovation Competition for its LocalLiFT solution in collaboration with Shoplocal.
Leveraging the unique targeting assets of BAM, coupled with the size, scope and scale of Gannett, BLiNQ is building a world-class media and technology company. BLiNQ has been recognized in rankings for “Best Places to Work” and “Healthiest Employers.” We offer competitive compensation, health and environment programs, gym memberships, and a motivated work environment. So if you fit the bill and want to be part of a fun, passionate and competitive team (who wouldn’t?), then BLiNQ Media just might be the place for you!
BLiNQ’s Quality Assurance team has an immediate need for a QA Analyst with experience in cloud-hosted SaaS environments and a working knowledge of Agile software development methodology. This person will be a critical part of the QA team and able to investigate products, environments, and associated systems at will.
The QA Analyst will serve as a part of the scrum team as the gatekeeper to all releases. The QA Analyst will offer critical data on the health of the system at a release level. With the support of the QA Manager, the QA Analyst will be responsible for deploying all QA best practices in order to ensure quality delivery.
• Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive test plans and test cases to ensure software requirements are met.
• Interface with product Owners to understand the system under test.
• Document and communicate all testing results.
• Testing all aspects of new feature development.
• Facilitate regression and integration test cycles
• Facilitate load and stress test cycles.
• Identify and analyze defects and test results with the ability to deduce the chain of events leading to a failure.
• Collaborate with developers to resolve issues discovered during the QA process.
• Efficiently communicate critical issues and status updates in a timely manner, both laterally and up the chain.
Qualified candidates will have:
• At least 3 to 5 years of software QA experience
• Strong understanding of the product development life-cycle and experience in shipping consumer-facing products
• Experience writing test plans, test cases, and doing risk analysis prior to product releases
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Working knowledge of Agile software development methodology, particularly Scrum
• Comfort working with Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android and all browser flavors
• Experience working with standard business software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Experience with at least one project management tools the likes of: (Jira, Rally, Pivital Tracker, Quality Center, etc.)
• Proficiency in analyzing user stories and documented technical specifications for a web application
• Aptitude for learning and applying new concepts
• Capable of reasoning and thinking through problems and be able to independently and jointly arrive at desired solutions
• Self motivation and willingness to "do what it takes" to get the job done
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Committed team player with positive winning attitude
• Experience with Test Automation, specifically Selenium WebDriver
• Experience working with Jenkins
• Experience working with Digital Media
• Experience working in Digital Advertising and/or Social Media
• Experience with load and stress testing tools like JMeter, LoadRunner, RPT, WAPT
Tools our engineering team uses:
• Ruby on Rails
• Postgres, MySQL, and Redis
• Rspec, Jasmine, and Capybara
• Git & Github
• *nix (Mac OS X in development, Ubuntu & Gentoo in production)
• Facebook Graph API
• Competitive compensation
• Benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance
• Gym membership
• Coffee, soft drinks, snacks, and lunch three days a week in our Atlanta Office
• A Macbook Pro with an SSD and two 27" displays for every QA Analyst